Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My first out of box painting 1996

Painted by Kai Teh, 1996

As I tidy up my things, I can't find any of my exam papers with flying colours (with red or blue)! I only keep my drawing book and paintings of my secondary school years. Many of my painting and drawing were lost when I moved to my new house. I really regretted that I only come to realize that the things that I valued most, other than friendship and memories, was my work of art (the art here means drawings, paintings...etc but does not mean 'masterpiece').

I'm not an artist. I admit that I don't have the natural talent like others to draw and paint wonderfully, but I did and still do enjoy painting and doing things related to art nowadays! In fact, when I'm in primary and secondary school, the subject I liked most was art! I felt much appreciated if my paintings were hang on the notice board. I would be very happy and proud if my family members and friends praise me for my paintings. And, it is the only subject that I would go around asked for opinion from all my family members. Back then, art to me was all about appraisal and, ... marks, of course!

Now, when I'm not schooling anymore, art just made me feel relax. Sometimes, by painting, it released me from stress and boredom too! I don't force myself to paint certain objects, it's just all about my mood, inspiration and free time at that moment!

As you can see, the title of the painting was 'Suhu Warna' which means the temperature of the colour. It was during Form 3, that my teacher asked us to paint according to the title. I'd always wanted to paint something against the usual real colour in our life, but there were just no suitable title for it (except when I'm in kindergarten and primary school, where almost everything is suitable and acceptable to me).

I tried this title by using the colours that made us feel hot and warm (according to the book, of course), then.....ta da! This painting came out as one of my most valued painting!

No comments: