Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A nice lesson!

Last Sunday, I attended a class on how to do a presentation.

Our voluntary facilitator came down all the way from KL just to help us how to present ourselves to the children when teaching dharma class.

I enjoyed the presentation by the facilitator very much because he used all the techniques to make the presentation interesting. He also tells stories and asked us to get involved when he introduced each techniques. In this way, we won't be bored. When he gave comment, it's an encouragement and not posing a threat to the participants. What he taught us had helped me to realize my weaknesses during presentation and know how to improve on it for the sake of my precious.

Before we began our practical presentation, he taught us about eye contact, gesture, positioning, voice, ownership of the environment and ... Alright, we knew all about it, but how well can we master it?

There were only six participants in that class. So, all of us got a chance to present our 2 short minutes presentation. Although it was just a 2 minutes presentation, it seems liked quite a long time for us when we were presenting!

Okay, practical time!

How was my performance?

I was too stiff on my position, I didn't move at all during the whole presentation. My gesture was too small.
And I talked too fast! Talking too fast had been my greatest enemy in presentation since primary school. Until today, I still can't get rid of it. I must try to be more relax and slow down my speech.

The second chance was given and I did some improvement on gesture and did speak slower.

The next day when I go back to my work, I wanted to practice some of techniques. But too bad, I had soar throat! So just wait until I recover lah...

No comments: