Saturday, June 02, 2007

Go to Penang Floral Festival 2007!

Today I went to Penang Floral Festival 2007
ALONE!

No choice lah! My friends here prefer shopping than looking at the flowers mah!

It had been many many years I hadn't step onto Penang Botanic Garden already. I thought there would be less people going there today since the sun was so hot. When I reached there, ALAMAK! so many people and cars! It's very hard to find parking especially for the skillFOOL driver like me. I was thinking 'TO QUIT OR NOT TO QUIT', and then luckily I got a space to park my mini car. So now, I don't have to worry if there was less crowd in the Floral Festival, and being alone was too obvious!

The first section I visited was the Quarry Garden. All the orkids and em.... were there. There was a floral competition there on the first day. I got to see which flowers won the prizes. Those flowers are really lovely.

Some are very complicated. Some are very simple.

And among all, the flower I loved most was the white orkid with big petals. There's no need to add any decoration to the orkids, because the orkids themselves are the ART! It's mother nature wonder!

Then, I proceed to the section of Garden Landscaping. There were about 10? mini garded landscape. I liked one of them most. And to my surprise, my favorite was the first prize winner!

The third section would be Floral Arrangement. The artists used different material to arrange the flowers. The one which used sunflower with the tyre was my favorite! Its very innovative and creative!

The fourth section would be the Floral Market where all kinds of flowers and plants were sold here. Many people were buying them after seeing the beautiful sample of the display here. I wanted to buy the orkid, but I really don't know how to take care of them. So just let other take of it lah!

And not to forget that there was a garden in the Botanic Garden also. Many people were snapping photos with their family member. A little girl was looking at me when I passed by, while her father wanted to snap my photo. So I quickly walked away. What a cute little girl! The garden was decorated with colourful flowers and fountains!

The last section I visited was the Environmental Education....Sorry, forgotten the name. It had all kind of activities there such as showing chromatography of leaves, the padi field, tissue culture demonstration and ...Too bad I couldn't stay there to wait for all the activities to be carried out.


Where are the photos?
Well, I didn't have the camera today because my mum took it to KL.

Let's those beautiful scenery stored in my memory card (my brain)!



Some extra stories:
I heard some said that they should came at the first day of the festival. You know, flowers sometimes are very weak, they might had lost their beauty already when it comes to the end of the festival!

Some said they dare not go to the Quarry Garden because it's a little bit further away from the crowd. So some were afraid to go over there! Just imagine what had the visitor would missed!

And some were wondering if there were any section that they missed out. Because there were no clear map to show all the section in the garden for the floral festival.

1 comment:

renee said...

人比花娇啊