Sunday, June 17, 2007

Movie Comment: The Perfect Catch(2005)

Today was a typical Sunday where I spend most of my time watching TV because it rained all day long!

Ok, switching channels all the time and hey, she's Drew Barrymore! Alright, stop for a while to watch this movie because I liked her performance.

Then, I read the plot summary for Fever Pitch (or The Perfect Catch as it appeared on the TV) before I decided whether I would continue to switch channel or not!
It's about a teacher, Ben Wrightman(Jimmy Fallon) fell in love with a workaholic Lindsey Meeks(Drew Barrymore). Will their romance last when Lindsey discovers Ben's obsession with base ball team, Boston Red Sox? The story is based on Nick Hornby's novel "Fever Pitch".

The movie is funny, lovable and quite realistic when it comes to solving problems that arrises when two get together along the way.

Which part of the movie touches me the most?
It's when Lindsey said to Ben(Sorry, I can't remember the whole line but it sound something like this), "If you love me enough to give it up for me, then I can say that I love you enough to not let you give it up for me!"

Whoa, that's great!

When I'm watching The Perfect Catch, I was thinking: if I'm Lindsey, I would turn Ben down right away when I found out he was too obsessed with the base ball team, and when he made me feel embarassed infront of my parents and others! I'm the type that jumps to conclusion quickly when I discovers one's weaknesses.

So, would the ending of this movie belongs to me? Certainly NOT!

True love, in reality, is just all about the acceptance and sharing of sacrifice and tolerance between each other. Without acceptance and tolerance, there wouldn't be any true love. And if there should be any chemistry sparkle between each other, it won't last long either!

That is what I learned from Lindsey and Ben in The Perfect Catch today!
Not a boring day after all!
Thank you for the great story in The Perfect Catch!

No comments: