Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm very proud & lucky for being a SALESGIRL (2)

Before I joined the sales profession, I never analysed what people had in their thoughts. So, many times, my friends knew that I'm "blur, blur all the time". Hahaha! And yes, it was true, I just let everything pass by without analysing.

When I'm selling, my senior taught me how to judge a person whether he is interested to buy or not just by observing his body languange when he just step into the showroom. Do you know why my senior taught me this technique? Yes, because I served all the customers as if they can buy without any judgement. Of course, there's nothing wrong with this attitude. It's just that he felt it like just wasting my time. And to my surprise, his experience of reading customer's body languange was correct for most of the time (there's still some exception of body languange, and which cost me to lost my sales for simply judging body languange)!

Besides analysing body language, I've started to analyse the response of customers to my introduction of the product. After some times, I knew what were the things that attract certain customers. So now, its quite easy to make effective introduction to attract customers. And from time to time, I learned how to sharpen my skills of analysing (but still not very sharp yet).

My father and brother recommend some books of selling to me. After reading them, I did apply some of the techniques and analysed after the sales. Those techniques really worked! If I dare to ask the right questions, I would find out what were the customers really needed. From there, I can close the sales more easily!

I always think that selling is an easy job. Selling is a job that only require you to talk to customers, have the luck to get the sales and that's all. Now, to me, selling is not simple anymore but yet it still can be very easy. It's not just solely depend on luck, but how you analyse and plan for it to success! Just selling or successful selling depends on how you work on it!
January 21, 2007

No comments: