Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm very proud & lucky for being a SALESGIRL (1)

For the past eight months, I'd been selling cars.

I started without any experience at all. Until today, I'd been the top sales person (not just only among salesgirl) for the past few months. Although the money I earned was not up to my expectation, the experiences will be my most valuable thing that I ever earned, ever!

Before I enter the sales profession, I was a shy person. I couldn't get along with people easily and I also felt so shy to talk to boys or man. When I'm selling cars, I must force myself to talk to all kind of people (no matter they are old or young, man or woman, boy or girl, or even kids). I've to listen and talk to them without feeling shy, afraid or without convidence. If not, will they buy cars from me? So, listening and conversation is the most important part of my investment.

I can't feel shy to listen and talk just because I don't know that person. I must take it easy and naturally so that my customers won't feel awkward, strange, or feel that I didn't respect them! And I tell myself, "I'm just giving the information needed by customers, and asking for the right questions so that I can help my customers and hopefully will get the sales. Because I'm not cheating or using tactics that I can't accept such as dressing sexily to attract my customers to buy. So, there is nothing to be shameful of! It is just a proper job that requires the sales person to communicate with the customers." That is why now I'm not shy of talking to strangers that I have to meet, be it man or woman. If I don't communicate, how would I ever get the information needed? I will not bother how the others think of me because of my job. By the way, it is a legal job!

Selling cars (& sanitary pads for just two months) had helped me to be a person who is much more mature in terms of communication. It also made me to stand firmly for my own thoughts. And here, I must thank my father and auntie who had given me the chance to experience the sales job. If not for them, I wouldn't have all these today! Thank you! And to all my friends who is doing sales now, I wish you all the best! And for those who will be joining sales job in the future, I will respect and support you!
January 20, 2007

No comments: