Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Do you know where your home is?

He used to be so independent.
He didn't really like mind so much about what I'll be doing.
And he supported me always!

Lately, after he stopped working, he started to ask lots of questions.
Asking me not to do this, not to do that.
He started to become someone I've never knew before!

Sometimes, I feel like telling him to stop minding my business!
But it would be so rude to do that, because he is my father...

It became clear to me, that a home to my father - is a place where all the family members must be present and communicate always.
Without the family members, one will feel insecure, lonely, restless, etc...
My father once told me that luckily I'm still staying in this house because I brought a lot of voice in the house ( I'm very talkative, and I talk aloud)! haha!

This does not only happen to me, it also happens to my friend too!
My friend is the only child and is working in oversea!
The mum always asking the child when will come back to hometown to work again? (each time through the phone)
---------------------------------

I can't help to think, if one day, I were to get married, to get a child, to get old, will this happen to me as well?
Feeling insecure, restless, lonely...
Waiting for my families to bring me cheer and hapiness?
---------------------------------
When there is no one beside you for some time, especially during festive seasons, how would you feel?

Feeling lonely?
Feeling insecure?

Thinking of something to do?
Thinking of somewhere to go?
Thinking of someone to talk to?

Or might be feeling very restless, pity, upset...

Is it where you are staying now, a place called house or home, is really a home to your heart?

Happy and peaceful eventhough there is no one around to bring hapiness to you?

---------------------------------

I'm starting to search for the home in my heart.
And I know where is my home.
---------------------------------

During this Chinese New Year 2009,
May all be able to find a home for the heart!

May all be well, peaceful and happy!

4 comments:

Vincent Cho said...

我想,每个人老后,就一定会有像你爸爸一样的想法。我也一样咯。

khengsiong said...

Happy birthday!

(Ahem... this is 7th day of CNY.)

Carrie Tai said...

Happy Chinese New Year...

玲别依依 said...

Happy CNY, Gong Xi Gong Xi!